- (940) 397 4693
- Associate Professor
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
Dr. Jie Zhang is an Associate Professor of Management Information Systems at the Dillard College of Business Administration at Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas. She received her Ph.D. in Management Information Systems from the University of Mississippi. Her research interests center around behavioral information security, information privacy, and human-computer interaction. Her teaching interests include Business Analytics, Project Management, Networking, and Management Information Systems.
Dr. Jie Zhang has published in leading information systems outlets such as Decision Sciences, Decision Support Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, European Journal of Operational Research, Information & Management, and Information Systems Journal. She serves as an associate editor at the Journal of Electronic Commerce Research. She is also on the editorial review board of the International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management. She holds memberships in professional associations, including Association for Information Systems (AIS) and Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
|Renmin University of China||Bachelor of Arts (International Economics)|
|The University of Mississippi||Master of Arts (Economics)|
|The University of Mississippi||Ph.D. (Business Administration - MIS)|
|Employer||Position||Start Date||End Date|
|Midwestern State University||Associate Professor of MIS||09/01/2015|
|Midwestern State University||Assistant Professor of MIS||09/01/2010||09/01/2015|
|Virginia State University||Assistant Professor of MIS||09/01/2006||09/01/2010|
Refereed Journal Articles
- James, T.L., Zhang, J., Li, H., Ziegelmayer, J.L. and Villacis-Calderon, E.D. (2022). The moderating effect of technology overload on the ability of online learning to meet students' basic psychological needs. Information Technology & People, 35(4), 1364-1382.
- Li, H., Gupta, A., Zhang, J., & Flor, N. (2020). Who will use augmented reality? An integrated approach based on text analytics and field survey. European Journal of Operational Research, 281(3), 502-516.
- Li, H., Luo, X., Zhang, J., & Sarathy, R. (2018). Self-control, organizational context, and rational choice in Internet abuses at work. Information & Management, 55(3), 358-367.
- Li, H., Luo, X., Zhang, J., & Xu, H. (2017). Resolving the privacy paradox: Toward a cognitive appraisal and emotion approach to online privacy behaviors. Information & Management, 54(8), 1012-1022.
- Zhang, J., Li, H., Luo, X., & Warkentin, M. (2017). Exploring the effects of the privacy-handling management styles of social networking sites on user satisfaction: A conflict management perspective. Decision Sciences, 48(5), 956-989.
- Zhang, J., Li, H., Yan, R., & Johnston, C. (2017). Examining the signaling effect of e-tailersâ return policies. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 57(3), 191-200.
- Li, H., Sarathy, R., Zhang, J., & Luo, X. (2014). Exploring the effects of organizational justice, personal ethics, and sanction on Internet use policy compliance. Information Systems Journal, 24(6), 479-502.
- Li, H., Gupta, A., Zhang, J., & Sarathy, R. (2014). Examining the decision to use standalone personal health record systems as a trust-enabled fair social contract. Decision Support Systems, 57, 376-386.
- Luo, X., Li, H., Zhang, J., & Shim, J.P. (2010). Examining multi-dimensional trust and multi-faceted risk in initial acceptance of emerging technologies: An empirical study of mobile banking services. Decision Support Systems, 49(2), 222-234.
- Li, H., Zhang, J., & Sarathy, R. (2010). Understanding compliance with Internet use policy from the perspective of rational choice theory. Decision Support Systems, 48(4), 635-645.
- Zhang, J., Luo, X., Akkaladevi, S., & Ziegelmayer, J. (2009). Improving multiple-password recall -- An empirical study. European Journal of Information Systems,18(2), 165-176.
- Zhang, J., Reithel, B., & Li, H. (2009). Impact of perceived technical protection on security behaviors. Information Management & Computer Security,17(4), 330-340.
- Zhang, J., Li, H., & Ziegelmayer, J. (2009). Resource or capability? A dissection of SMEs' IT infrastructure flexibility and its relationship with IT responsiveness. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 50(1), 46-53.
- Li, H., Sarathy, R., & Zhang, J. (2008). The role of emotions in shaping consumers' privacy beliefs about unfamiliar online vendors. Journal of Information Privacy & Security, 4(3), 36-62.