- (940) 397 4694
- Associate Professor
- Undergraduate Education
- Bridwell Hall
- College of Education, West
I have 23 years of teaching experience in elementary school, middle school, coaching girls athletics and higher education. I grew up in Wichita Falls, TX and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from Midwestern State University. I received both my Masters in Sport Management and my PhD in Adult and Community Education from Texas State University- San Marcos.
Currently, I teach at Midwestern State University in the Department of Kinesiology. I teach courses in Assessment of Physical Education, Methods of Physical Education, Motor Skill Acquisition and Analysis, and Techniques & Strategies Courses. My research interests are physical activity/movement in the classroom, technology in physical education, and assessment in physical education.
I live in Wichita Falls, TX with my husband Max, stepdaughter Landry, dog Lily, and cat BB. I enjoy camping, playing sports and games, being on the water, and traveling.
Director of Undergraduate Research
- Bridwell Hall 323
- (940) 397 4694
Director of Undergraduate Research
- Bridwell Hall 323
- (940) 397 4694
|Texas State University-San Marcos||Doctor of Philosophy in Education||2011|
|Midwestern State University||B.S. in Kinesiology|
|Texas State University-San Marcos||M.Ed. in Physical Education|
|Employer||Position||Start Date||End Date|
|Midwestern State University||Director of Undergraduate Research||01/01/2021|
|Midwestern State University||Associate Professor||08/01/2010|
|Texas State University-San Marcos||Lecturer||08/01/2003||07/01/2010|
|Ferguson Jr. High, Arlington ISD||Teacher & Coach||08/01/2001||05/01/2003|
|Episcopal School of Wichita Falls||Teacher & Coach|
- Miller, S. C., & Lindt, S. F. (Eds.). (2018). Moving INTO the classroom: A handbook for movement integration in the elementary classroom. Singapore, Singapore: Springer Singapore.
Refereed Publications (since 2017)
- Grier, D.*, Lindt, S.F., & Miller, S.C. (2021). Formative assessment with game-based technology. International Journal of Technology in Education
and Science, 5(2), 193-202. https://doi.org/10.46328/ijtes.97
- Nicksic, H., Lindt, S.F., & Miller, S. (2020). Move, Think, Learn: Incorporating Physical Activity into the College Classroom. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, 32 (3), 528-535.
- Miller, S.C., McIntyre, C.J., & Lindt, S.F. (2020). Engaging technology in elementary school: Flipgridâs potential. Childhood Education, 96(3), 62-68.
- Lindt, S. F. & Miller, S. C. (2018). Understanding Factors Leading to College Classroom Engagement for Millennials: Development of the College Classroom
Engagement Scale. Higher Education Research, 3(3), 38-44.
- Miller, S.C., & Lindt, S.F. (2018). Engaging Elementary Students through Movement Integration in Mathematics and Reading: An Exploratory Study to Understand
Teachersâ Perceptions. Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue, 20(1), 31-43.
- Miller, S.C., Lindt, S.F., & McIntyre, C.J. (2017). Interdisciplinary Approach to Undergraduate Research in Education: Collaborating on the Development of a
Practitioner's Textbook. CUR Quarterly, 37(4), 42.
- Lindt, S.F., & Miller S.C. (2017). Using Movement to Teach: Instructional Methods to Increase Student Interest. Phi Delta Kappan, April 2017, 34-37.
Abstracts/Proceedings/Other (since 2017)
- Miller, S., McIntyre, C., & Lindt, S. (2022, August 15). Strategies for using Flipgrid to engage students. The Teaching Professor, https://www.teachingprofessor.com/
- McIntyre, C.J., Lindt, S. & Miller, S. (2020). Using Flipgrid to Increase College Studentsâ Depth of Knowledge. In. Gary H. Marks &. Denise Schmidt-Crawford (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 1525-1530). Online: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved April 13, 2020 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/215959/.
- Taylor, C.D., Shawver, S., & Miller, S.C. (2019). Flipgrid technology: Engaging Students in kinesiology higher education. ASEP 2019 National Conference Abstracts. Journal of Exercise Physiology Online, 22(6), 19.
- McIntyre, C. J., Miller, S., & Lindt, S. F. (2017). Movement in the elementary classroom. Texas Voices, 30(4), 5. (Newsletter)
Works not in Print
- Lindt, S., & Miller, S. (November 3, 2023). Rethinking assessment in #MIDDLESCHOOL- enhance your assessment and integrate technology. To be presented as a concurrent paper session at the 49th Annual Conference of the Association for Middle Level Education in Orlando, FL in November 2022.
- Miller, S., McIntyre, C.J., & Lindt, S. (February 11, 2022). Using Flipgrid to enhance four areas of instruction. Session at the 14th Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy in Blacksburg, VA.
- Miller, S., Lindt, S., & Nicksic, H. (February 11, 2022). Rethinking active learning to promote student success. Session at the 14th Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy in Blacksburg, VA.
- McIntyre, C.J., Lindt, S.F., & Miller, S.C. (August 24. 2021). Increasing college studentsâ depth of knowledge: Comparing video and discussion board responses. Virtual poster presentation at the European Association of Research on Learning and Instruction Conference.
- Miller, S., Lindt, S., & Nicksic, H. (February 5, 2021). Integrating physical activity in the college classroom: Strategies for implementation. Virtual session at the 13th Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy.
- Lindt, S., McIntyre, C., & Miller, S. (February 3-5, 2021). Increasing college studentsâ depth of knowledge with online video response tools. Paper presented asynchronously at the Virtual 44th Annual Conference of the Southwest Educational Research Association.
- Miller, S. (December 4, 2020). All about assessment and adding a twist with technology. Virtual presentation at the TAHPERD Annual Conference.
- Miller, S. & Lindt, S.F. (February 14, 2020). Shape up your assessment games: daily assessments and integrating technology. Presentation at the Health & Physical Literacy Summit in Birmingham, AL.
- Miller, S., Taylor, C., & Shawver, S. (December 5, 2019). Flipping the practice of kinesiology: Flipgrid in physical education. Paper presented at the TAHPERD Annual Conference in Arlington, TX.
- Miller, S. & Lindt, S.F. (August 15, 2019). Energizing the College Classroom: Using Movement to Activate Learning. Presentation at the European Association of Research on Learning and Instruction Conference in Aachen, Germany.
- Lindt, S.F., Miller.S, & Rutherford, E. (June 27, 2019). Assessment in Undergraduate Research: Finding a Common Rubric Across Educational Disciplines. Poster presentation at the Undergraduate Research Programs Division Conference in Columbus, OH.
- Miller, S. & Lindt, S.F. (February 23, 2019). Physical Activity in the Classroom: Appealing to the Diverse Learners. Presentation at the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education 71st Annual Meeting in Lexington, KY.
Presentations by Undergraduate Students (since 2016)
- Green, J. (April, 2022). Exploring Embedded Course Research and Creative Activities at a Small, Public, Liberal-Arts University in Texas. Poster presentation at the Virtual National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
- Green, J. (November, 2021). Exploring Embedded Course Research and Creative Activities at Midwestern State University. Poster presentation at the Fall 2021 Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Forum at MSU in Wichita Falls, TX. Faculty Mentor for the project.
- Grier, D., Lindt, S.F., & Miller, S.C. (April, 2020). Formative assessment with game-based technology. Poster presentation at the Spring 2020 Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education 31st Annual Virtual Conference.
- Ralston, K., & Laake, K. (April, 2018). Reimagining the Elementary Classroom: Implementation of the Kinesthetic Classroom. Poster presentation at the Spring
2018 Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Forum at MSU in Wichita Falls, TX. Faculty Mentor for the project.
- Miles, M. (April, 2017). Impact of undergraduate research experiences on MISL. Poster presentation at the Spring 2017 Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Forum at MSU in Wichita Falls, TX. Faculty Mentor for the project.
- Miles, M., Scott, S., & Miller, S. (June, 2016). Elementary students get a âBit Fitâ. Poster presented at the International Association for Physical Education in Higher
Education Conference in Laramie, WY.
- Brady, M., Miller, S. C., & Lindt, S. F. (February 12, 2016). Integrating movement into the content areas: A review of literature and proposed project. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Southwest Educational Research Association, New Orleans, LA.