- (940) 397 4831
- Assistant Professor
I have loved education since the second grade when I was able to help a friend with a math assignment. In high school and college, I held jobs teaching, tutoring and mentoring. When working on my degree at MSU, I fell in love with the campus, atmosphere, and their tight knit community of helpful and caring staff and faculty. This made such an impression that I wanted to return once I received my master's degree from UNT. I am still drawn to the community feel of the dedicated faculty and campus. I also love and feel very privileged to teach our population of eager, excited, and talented students from this area as well as our other national and international students. Professionally, I care about encouraging and educating students in chemistry so that they can realize their career goals. My projects include providing on and off campus learning experiences in chemistry and STEM and promoting safe learning environments. Personally, I am a wife to my better half for over 30 years and have three children. They are a source of strength and love that I use to serve others. Go Mustangs!
|Univeristy of North Texas||MS Chemistry||1996|
|Midwestern State University||BS Chemistry||1993|
|Employer||Position||Start Date||End Date|
|Midwestern State University||Assistant Professor||06/11/1995|
My current interests and grants involve increasing lab skills for our undergraduate students, chemical safety, and DEIR related to students and STEM and promoting women in STEM education.
- DEIR Projects in Chemistry ACT2 Conference, June 2022
- Teaching Freshman Level Chemistry: A Multifaceted Approach ACT2, June 2022
- In the Lab: Safety, Set Up, and Creativity Region IX Teacher K-12 Conference, June 2022
- Increasing Chemistry Awareness for Students in Smaller Rural High Schools Through Summer Camp, Southwest Regional ACS meeting, Ft Worth, TX, October, 2004
- Using the Red River Regional Science Fair to Educate Students in Science and Mathematics, The Rotary Club Wichita Falls, November, 2003.
- The Enhancement of Career Opportunities and Scientific Literacy in Chemistry for Rural High School Students: Midwestern State University Chemistry Camp, National ACS meeting, New Orleans LA, September, 1999